The Ohio House Government Accountability and Oversight Committee will be hearing testimony on a bill on Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. that would punish schools, ministries, businesses and families that don’t want to allow biological men in women’s restrooms, locker rooms, and domestic violence shelters.
The largest and most powerful businesses in Ohio are backing this bill to bully churches, businesses, and families.
Every day Ohioans of all religions do business, go to school, and live life with their LGBT neighbors. Ohio is a diverse state. We should be celebrating that, yet HB 160 creates division.
HB 160 elevates “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to protected class status. While everyone opposes discrimination, HB 160 creates a host of problems. Among the issues, this bill would:
- Require schools, restaurants, Christian ministries, and any public accommodation to allow biological men in women’s restrooms and locker rooms.
- Require businesses participate in same-sex weddings, regardless of the business owner’s religious beliefs.
- Require domestic violence shelters to allow biological men to bathe and bunk with women if the men claim they are women.
- Require public schools allow biological boys in girls locker rooms, dressing rooms, and girls athletics.
Step 1: TAKE ACTION TODAY
Click here to email the committee! Ask them to oppose HB 160.
Step 2: Please pray!
- Pray for our LGBT neighbors and those supporting this bill. Ask the Lord to reveal His goodness to them.
- Pray our leaders reject this harmful legislation.
- Pray for courage for Speaker of the Ohio House Cliff Rosenberger, Ohio Senate President Larry Obhof, and Ohio Governor John Kasich.
Step 3: Share this image and Action Alert on Facebook.
Note: If the above link doesn’t work, please send the message to each of the committee members listed below. Thank you.
Ohio is a tolerant and diverse state. HB 160 however, creates division.
This legislation violates the privacy and safety rights of women and children, and unnecessarily eliminates religious freedoms.
Please oppose HB 160 today.
Representative Louis W. Blessing III – Rep29@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Bill Reineke – Rep88@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Kathleen Clyde – Rep75@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Keith Faber – Rep84@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Timothy E. Ginter – Rep05@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Dave Greenspan – Rep16@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Brigid Kelly – Rep31@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Bernadine Kennedy Kent – Rep25@ohiohouse.gov
Representative P. Scott Lipps – Rep62@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Dorothy Pelanda – Rep86@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Bill Seitz – Rep30@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Ryan Smith – Rep93@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Martin J. Sweeney – Rep14@ohiohouse.gov
Representative Cliff Rosenberger – Rep91@ohiohouse.gov