In this month’s Pastors’ Briefing, you’ll be updated on:
- Issachar Alerts – State legislation Christians need to know and pray about
- Capitol Project – Praying at the Statehouse
- Church Ambassador Network – Serving pastors and resourcing churches
State Legislation Christians Need to Know and Pray About
The sons of Issachar understood chronological time, but they also understood spiritual and political time. Reference 1 Chronicles 12:32
- The Vulnerable Child Protection Act would ban the use of hormone therapy (including surgery) on minor children under age 18. The legislation is House Bill 513 and is waiting for a committee assignment. Click here for the VCPA fact sheet and watch the VCPA press conference to learn more. Mark 10:14
- Save Women’s Sports Act seeks to prohibit men from entering women’s sports. The sponsors of the bill are Rep. Jena Powell and Rep. Reggie Stoltzfus. Click here for the SWS fact sheet and watch the SWS press conference. Isaiah 5
- HB 350 would restore laws against bestiality in Northwest Ohio. According to a government affairs representative for the Animal Welfare Institute, “Bestiality is a ‘red flag’ for violence against humans. Offenders have more in common with pedophiles and rapists than with animal abusers, and there is a strong relationship to interpersonal violence.” Read this article to learn more about HB 350 and watch testimony in the Ohio House Criminal Justice Committee. Acts 13:9-10
- EdChoice vouchers gives parents another option when their child’s assigned public school receives a failing grade. Students in those schools qualify for a voucher that can be used at a private school of their choice. CCV has filed a lawsuit with Ohio Supreme Court requesting that the state honor the promise made in November by opening up voucher enrollment for the families who were eligible before state lawmakers rescinded the option last month. Watch parents and students share their stories and read CCV’s press release to learn more. Psalm 127:3-5
Praying at the Statehouse
Lawmakers need your prayers at the Statehouse
Thursday, March 26 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Be on hand for state senators and state representatives as they
Drop In for Prayer
In this time, there is a need for Shepherds of the Church to serve shepherds of the government by being available to pray with and for them at the Statehouse.
The Statehouse is the place where forces loom the hallowed halls to overwhelm and overtake our state leaders’ judgement and their authority. Lawmakers need the effectual fervent prayer of God’s Shepherd covering them at the battleground.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2:1-4
Serving Pastors and Resourcing Churches
David Mahan, Associate Pastor at Eagle Rock, can share with your pastor group how to help your church community understand the genesis of the Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity (SOGI) movement, how it matured to its modern cultural assault on our children, and how to respond to it in a God honoring way through a Difficult Dialogues session. Contact David at email@example.com.
Eric Tober, Lead Pastor at Faith Community Church, is our newest Regional Church Ambassador. Regional Church Ambassadors connect with pastors to help them engage ministerially and civically to impact the government’s mountain of cultural influence. Regional Church Ambassadors will meet with a pastor one-on-one over coffee, be a guest at a pastor network gathering, or host a small pastor roundtable lunch to be a resource and introduce the work and ministry of Citizens for Community Values, Ohio’s Christian Family Policy Council. You can reach Pastor Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pastors’ Briefing is an equipping service to Ohio pastors. If you’d like more or different content, please let me know. I welcome your feedback.
Until the next edition, God Bless You!
Church Relations Director
Citizens for Community Values
Creating an Ohio where God’s blessings of life, family, and religious freedom are treasured, respected and protected.