ACTION NEEDED: Ohio House Considers Discriminatory Bill
A copy-cat bill of Senate Bill 11, a Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (SOGI) bill, is now being introduced in the Ohio House of Representatives and it has bi-partisan joint sponsorship – Republican Representative Brett Hillyer and Democrat Representative Mike Skindell.
We need to take action immediately to ensure this bill never moves forward! There is no greater threat to religious freedom and privacy than this bill.
Some of the most powerful and well-funded special interest groups are backing this devastating legislation.
The so-called “Ohio Fairness Act,” better named the Ohio UnFairness Act, creates a laundry list of problems for businesses, ministries, medical professionals, women, and children.
It also threatens Bible-believing Christians with severe penalties for simply living out our faith.
Just like SB 11, this bill creates a host of negative impacts, including:
- Requiring biological men be allowed in women’s restrooms, locker rooms, and showers if they claim they identify as women.
- Requiring boys be allowed to play in girls’ sports in public schools if they claim they identify as women.
- Forcing women’s homeless shelters and domestic violence shelters to allow biological men who claim to identify as women to bathe and bunk with women.
- Allowing state government to remove children from parents’ custody who don’t consent to dangerous conversion/hormone therapy.
- Forcing doctors to participate in “gender transition” surgeries and procedures.
- Requiring businesses to participate in same-sex weddings, even if the wedding violates their religious beliefs.
The truth is, this bill doesn’t create equality, it creates massive inequality by making Christians, women, and children second-class citizens by restricting their religious freedom and privacy rights.
TAKE ACTION TODAY: Representatives Hillyer and Skindell need to hear from you to oppose the Ohio UnFairness Act!
Sample Email Text:
Dear Rep. [Last name],
Please oppose the Ohio UnFairness Act, an unnecessary bill that threatens to shut down faith-based ministries and businesses. This dangerous bill would put the privacy and safety rights of women and children at risk, and threatens the fundamental religious freedom rights of every Ohioan. This is a divisive, dangerous, and unnecessary bill. Please oppose it!
More Resources on Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Laws
- Pascha Thomas’ 5-year-old Daughter Assaulted in School Bathroom
- Pelosi’s “Equality Act” Could Lead to More Parents Losing Custody of Kids Who Want “Gender Transition”
- “Equality Act” profoundly intolerant, deceptively named
- Pelosi’s Top Legislative Priority Would Punish Dissenters on LGBT Issues